SARNIA SEA LIONS SWIM SCHOOL
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
All participants at our Swim School have the right to be safe and to be treated with dignity and respect. The promotion of good practice will reduce the possibility of abusive situations occurring. At Sarnia Sea Lions Swim School, we believe that the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility, particularly when it comes to protecting children from abuse. Everyone involved with Sarnia Sea Lions – administrator, volunteer, swimming assistant, swimming teacher, swimming coach,
parent, friend, children themselves, everyone – can help.
Abuse can occur anywhere there are children – at home, at school, in the park, at the swim school. Sadly, there are some people who will seek to be where children are, simply in order to abuse them. We believe that everyone with Sarnia Sea Lions has a part to play in looking after the children with whom we are working. This is both a moral and a legal obligation.
The relevant Guernsey legislation is The Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law, 2008.
Sarnia Sea Lions Swim School is committed to creating and maintaining the safest possible environment for children and young people to practice and learn SWIMMING
We do this by:
- Recognising that all children have the right to freedom from abuse
- Ensuring that all our staff and volunteers are carefully selected and screened and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children in their care.
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse, and providing parents and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have.
- Appointing a Children’s Officer who will take specific responsibility for child safety and act as the main point of contact for parents, children, and outside agencies.
- Ensuring access to confidential information is restricted to the Child Protection Officer or the appropriate external authorities.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of our child Protection Policy and activities each year.
We operate under the Swimming Teacher’s Association Child Protection Policy. A full copy of this is available at www.sta.co.uk An incident report form can be found on their website too.
Child Protection Officer: Natasha Duquemin
CALL: 01481 236753 or EMAIL: email@example.com
Sarnia Sea Lions is concerned with the welfare of all its members. We seek to safeguard all members of the Swim School, of all ages. It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual or emotional abuse of children and young people.