Sarnia Sea Lions Swim School, LBG
Assistant Swimming Teacher
Natasha Duquemin, Director of Swimming
Supporting the delivery of swimming classes. Encouraging young people to participate in healthy and positive swimming activities in their leisure time.
Hours of duty:
Choice of days below (term time only). Commitment required for one full swimming term (approx. 12 weeks). See our Term Dates.
- Monday 1600 – 1730
- Tuesdays 1530 – 1700
- Wednesdays 1600 – 1730
- Saturday 0800 – 1100 and 1130 – 1230
Please see the ‘About Us’ tab on the Sarnia Sea Lions Website and further information under volunteering for Sarnia Sea Lions.
Purpose of post:
To assist in the delivery of swimming lessons to various abilities and ages of swimmers.
Under the guidance of the Director of Swimming, the post-holder will work within the small swim school team. They will be given the opportunity to provide their input to individual swimming sessions as well as contribute to the overall swimming plan.
Duties & responsibilities:
- To assist in the delivery of the Sarnia Sea Lions swimming plan
- To interact and engage with swimmers, encouraging them and empowering them to swim on their own and provide support and swimming technique
- To engage with all other team members and parents and swimmers in order to deliver the swimming plan targets
- To raise the profile of swimming and water safety awareness and physical activity, by effective communication channels, sharing evidence of successful achievements and examples of good practice.
- To plan, monitor and evaluate all activities.
- To undertake appropriate administrative duties as required.
- To attend relevant training courses if the opportunities arises.
Due to the nature of this post you will be required to undergo a full police check or reference from your school (if still attending full time education).
All disclosures of a criminal background will be treated with the strictest confidence and checks will only be made in connection with this role and for no other purpose.
However, disclosure of a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from taking up this position – this will depend on the nature of the offence/s and the circumstances surrounding it/them.